Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team and take lead on a new acquisition. The initial 6 months may be heavy travel to gather all the financial data to bring the new acquisition to the Memphis HQ.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for producing financial statements in a timely manner each month. Duties include:
- Fulfill monthly close-related tasks for assigned areas of balance sheet and P/L, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts & maintain support folders
- Review financial statements prepared by others prior to inclusion in monthly financial statement package
- Act as an accounting business partner to various regional managers
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting for four service locations
- Review and document current processes and procedures and recommended process improvements to management
- Gather data and contribute to the budget process
- Participate in inventory and audit process
- For assigned accounting areas, develop in-depth knowledge of financial reporting and how they interface with the general ledger
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field plus 4-6 years of related work experience. CPA or MBA preferred.