Our client, a Four Diamond resort, is seeking a successful Food and Beverage Director. The Director is responsible and accountable for the daily operating excellence and short and long-term success of all aspects of the Food and Beverage operations within 2 resorts; ensuring excellent levels of internal and external customer service, leading the F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel to fit the company culture while exceeding our established business targets is paramount. This person is also responsible for strategic and future planning as it relates to all F&B initiatives, including, but not limited to, areas of capital expansion, business planning, branding, menu, and the creative and conceptual development of new F&B experiences.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years previous food and beverage management experience in a Hotel/Resort
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of fine and casual dining styles.
- Knowledge of computer applications, Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Ability to present information to the management team in a professional atmosphere.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to review financial data for accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Organize and direct the daily F&B operation.
- Support the Executive Director of Culinary F&B and the General Manager by driving all corporate F&B initiatives as well as future development projects and/or management partnerships. Assign and organize major accountabilities and functions into effective and measurable units within this structure.
- Establish goals/processes for measuring sales, revenue, new projects, and business development. Be innovative in identifying market strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
- Effectively partner with colleagues in the marketing, sales and promotional activities of the food and beverage initiatives as well as the “Club” functions and Convention/Banquet Services.
- Recruit, assess, and select new F&B managers and team members. Develop, motivate, evaluate, discipline and reward employees in order to ensure success in the following:
- High level departmental productivity
- Best use of talent and capabilities within the Department
- Maintaining/enhancing F&B management continuity and succession planning in order to fulfill present and future needs
- Cooperation, collaboration and team building with individuals and other departments
- High Member and Guest Satisfaction
- Function as a coach in encouraging team members to be successful, collaborate with other departments and individuals and be accountable for actions, this can include corrective actions when necessary.
- Maintain effective communication between all members regarding Food & Beverage issues and concerns. Communicate the core values and mission are vital to the achievement of company goals.
- Educate, train and develop team members within the Food and Beverage department. Directly supervise staff; this will include planning, assigning and at times performing activities of workers supervised. Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports. Create a fun and stable environment; set a benchmark of performance in the areas of innovation and motivation. Spontaneously recognize and celebrate team member successes.
- Review and approve short and long-term strategies for F&B operations and implement such strategies. Monitor performance to determine strategy improvements and adjust plans to positively impact revenues and control costs.
- Direct and supervise the financial operations of the F&B department including the preparation and approval of annual operating budgets. Responsible for the development of the F&B capital budget and F&B revenue/expense management.
- Attend culinary exhibitions and educational seminars to stay up to date on developments in the Food and Beverage industry. Establish/maximize corporate alliances/partnerships within the F&B industry allowing the Company to provide leading edge products and services to its clients and partners.
- Ensure that a consistent set of superior standards of food service/quality are exceeding the expectations of our guests.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests, property owners, homeowners, club members and fellow employees.
- Previous high-volume, multi-outlet experience at the Assistant Director level in 4 star hotel or resort setting
- Previous AAA 4-Diamond/Forbes 4-Star experience
- Knowledge of ADP
- Knowledge of Birch Street
- Knowledge of Agilysis products