Our Client, a global leader in both rigid & life science packaging solutions, is seeking an energetic, detail oriented Sales Support Representative who knows how to efficiently and effectively support our Life Science North American Outside Sales Professionals. Experience in Cold Chain or pharmaceutical packaging a plus, but not essential. This candidate should possess the ability to identify and implement efficient ways to improve existing business processes in order to accomplish client's primary objective of meeting the needs of our sales team.
· Assist the sales team with daily activities, such as;
§ Composing professional client proposals
§ Acting as a liaison between production/purchasing and the outside sales team
§ Learn to manage a software program called TOPPS, which enables us to show a client how many of their products could fit into our solutions
§ Help manage RFQ for our Pharmaceutical Clients and Prospects
§ Gain knowledge of our products and an understanding of the technology behind them
§ Have the ability to interface with key clients in knowledgeable and professional manner
§ Conduct sourcing activities with suppliers in partnership with the Procurement team, including obtaining quotations
§ Processes requests for sample product & materials.
· 3-5 years of work experience in a Customer Service / Outside Sales Support Role
· Possesses both initiative & problem solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, speaking & written skills in order to clearly articulate ideas, opinions, & recommendations so that others understand them.
· Systems experience with MRP systems & Microsoft Office applications, with specific proficiency with excel
· Knowledge of sales& financial processes.
· Ability to act rapidly & effectively in team environment when appropriate.
· Ability to generate & communicate succinct reports with appropriate metrics.
· Strategic & creative thinking: able to see the big picture & can help to generate innovative out of the box approaches & improved processes to drive business results with minor supervision.
· Must be capable of maintaining composure & achieving results in an often fast-paced/multi-tasking environment. Capable of executing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Tactfulness and assertiveness; must be effective & clear decision-maker under pressure situations; able to deal effectively with internal & external personnel.
· Experience in dealing with multi-functional groups& interacting in cross functional environment.
· Must conduct oneself in a professional, business-like manner in conjunction with company values.
· Ability to comprehend operation goals, as it relates to specific assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard & telephone. The employee could be required to stand, climb & be mobile for extended periods of time in a factory environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, & ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in typical office & factory environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.