Our client, an Atlanta-based hospitality management company is looking for a dynamic human resources leader to develop into their next stage of growth (Happening now!). Today, they are approaching 2000 associates strong, spread nationally across more than 100 hotel locations. This is a leadership opportunity for an individual ready to progress from a traditional Director of Human Resource role and work closely with highly motivated, passionate hotel experts with a wealth of experience and strong sense of Team.
The business partner role is primarily responsible for strategically aligning the human capital and human resources competencies provided through partner vendors, and in collaboration with the management to support day-to-day operations, compliance, talent management and business growth.
Our client expects this person to be seen and heard throughout the company as an active member of the management team and proactively engage in discussions, challenge management via new and competing ideas, and promote positive accountability and a strong culture. This role must also have the passion to collaborate and mentor leadership opportunities for others.
Key behaviors and value adding competencies:
- Strategic understanding of multiple stakeholder and decentralized service environments.
- Consultative approach to evaluating and educating on current business practices, identifying best available practices.
- Change management intelligence; acting as a leading change agent.
- Leveraging and partnering with resource contributors to facilitate internal services projects
- Adept at complementing operational effectiveness with long range cultural and organizational goals.
- Seeks partnership based relationships throughout the organization.
- Dynamic presentation and education skills
- HCBP will lead in consolidating and messaging the people management related agenda.
- Project manage all HC and HR activity and serve as primary source of information for status and insight; reporting primarily to SVP of Operations.
- Continual assessment and education for Corporate Team and Field Managers to build knowledge and preparedness for handling day-to-day compliance and HR administrative responsibilities.
- Consult on best practices and situational management for employee relations
- Comprehensively track and change our total talent management program
- Risk Management
- Develop and standardize data sourcing and analytics
- Liaison for building quality vendor relationships
Key preferred areas of experience
- Experience in hospitality, service industries
- Managing in multi-unit, decentralized environments on a national footprint.
- Third party owner relations and supporting the presentation of the service value proposition
- The ideal candidate has experience successfully building and improving all core HR activities in fast-paced and evolving service firm environment with 500+ employees.
- Travel is both planned and sometimes on short notice; about 10% of the year.