Our client, a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering and consulting firm, is looking for a Commissioning Project Manager with strong communication skills and to help continue the growth of our commissioning practice. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter to join their energetic and growing 60 person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The position involves primarily the management of commissioning projects and completion of commissioning tasks for HVAC, building automation systems, lighting and lighting controls systems and plumbing systems for both new and existing buildings. The position reports directly to the Principal/Director of Commissioning and shall be based at the Atlanta office.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience at minimum in commissioning or 10 years in TAB or Controls
- Proven track record of performing planning, functional testing, building performance investigation and building systems troubleshooting for new and existing buildings.
- Extensive knowledge of MEP systems and controls installation and operation.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex technical information to a wide audience, including contractors, architects and engineers and others with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Must have proven report writing skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate roles and responsibilities to the project team.
- This position requires some limited domestic travel, international travel minimally.
- Project experience with higher education, laboratory and/or government facilities a must
- Professional engineer license a plus.
- CxA, CCP or CxPP certification a plus.
- Planning, directing and monitoring of commissioning activities for assigned projects.
- Responsible for project billing and hours tracking.
- Develop commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) documents.
- Conduct design reviews of mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, and specifications.
- Create equipment pre-functional checklists and functional performance test scripts.
- Perform commissioning site visits and produce site visit reports.
- Perform functional testing and verification of equipment and systems in the field.
- Produce comprehensive commissioning reports for new and existing buildings including recommendations for improvements in existing buildings.
- Perform equipment and systems conditions assessments for existing buildings.
- Provide technical support to other project managers and junior engineers for building systems related issues.
- Troubleshoot HVAC and associated controls systems, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.