Our client is a global company with its headquarters in Memphis, TN. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, managing litigation and handing a diverse portfolio of legal matters as assigned by the General Counsel. Subject areas include, among others, product liability, labor and employment, environmental law, antitrust, real estate, corporate transactions, and general compliance. Corporate Counsel will provide advice, guidance and strategic counsel to senior management and the various business units on the wide variety of legal issues that arise from the day-to-day operations of a growing, complex organization in a heavily-regulated environment.
- Serve as operational attorney for our client. Reporting to the General Counsel, the attorney will provide advice and counsel to senior management and the business operations on a wide variety of commercial and regulatory issues.
- Provide legal oversight for commercial activities, including contract negotiation and corporate transactions, and assist with a diverse array of projects as assigned.
- Manage outside litigation (including product liability and employment matters), liaise with outside counsel, and monitor legal expenditures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company's complex business, and build relationships of trust with personnel at all levels in order to effectively communicate legal advice, structures and strategies.
- J.D. degree and 3-6 years of legal experience.
- Candidates must possess law firm or in-house experience representing business clients.
- State bar passage and good standing.
- Exemplary work ethic, positive attitude, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment as part of an active and collaborative corporate legal team.
- Sound judgment, confidence and excellent problem solving and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and managing corporate transactional matters a plus.