Functional Title: HR Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
The HR Compensation and Benefits Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Bank’s salary administration plan. This position will also oversee and administer the employee benefits program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively conducts research and analysis to determine total compensation market competitiveness.
- Facilitates the consistent application and communication of the bank’s pay philosophy, job evaluation tools and all compensation and benefit processes.
- Makes recommendations to efficiently enhance the bank’s ability to attract and retain key talent.
- Conducts periodic audits to review and confirm compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and reasonableness of pay practices.
- Participates in compensation surveys
- Assists in the rollout of benefit programs including annual enrollment and other benefit communications.
- Conducts research and gathers data to assist in the resolution of employee problems or questions regarding benefit programs, identifying and recommending programs or process improvements.
- Thoroughly understands wage and hour laws and processes to handle payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant compensation and benefit experience
- Strong interest in analyzing data and able to synthesize large data sets to form recommendations
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, manage details and deliver results in an environment with competing demands
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees with a focus on customer service.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender stereo typing, and age.
Independent Bank is an EO/AA Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled