The Executive Chef will assist in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and all other hospitality related events. Performs duties as a working chef. Works directly with the sous chef(s), cooks, prep, medical and utility staff to ensure all work is completed in a timely fashion. Responsible for food, labor and supply costs. Must always strive for highest customer satisfaction; including residents, staff and guests. Holds direct responsibilities and supervision over the sanitation of the kitchen facilities and ensures staff comply with all state and federal regulations. Upholds all company policies and procedures. Oversees all dining venues in the absence of the Director.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises kitchen personnel on all shifts, responsible for staffing, scheduling, counseling, training and orientation of all back of the house staff.
- Development and implementation of all menus. Maintains a high quality food service program for all residential and health center dining rooms.
- Ensures that the Dining Services department meets all standards in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for staff education and training for all back of the house employees.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Develops work assignments for all kitchen personnel, assigning special jobs as needed; conducts daily walk thru inspections of all kitchen areas and equipment with documentation.
- Promotes team work within the department and between departments to insure smooth operations and quality service to residents, co-workers and guests.
- Supervises production, sanitation and food service to apartment residents and Health Center residents. Ensures that all food production, storage and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, federal and state regulations.
- Maintains essential records.
- Responsible for vendor selection, maintaining vendor relationships, inventory controls and maintaining par levels.
- Monitors and records temperature of meals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standardized recipes
- Responsible for cost control measures.
- Participate/cook on the line as needed.
- Inspects equipment to determine repairs or maintenance
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Our client’s community fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
- A minimum of five years experience as an executive chef or sous chef in a hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid mathematical background and an understanding of measurements and conversions.
- Post Secondary Courses in Restaurant Management Nutrition or related field. Degree or Certificate from a culinary institute preferred.
- Must be ServSafe®