Warehouse/ Logistics Manager
Responsible for the Inventory, organization, scheduling of staff, and directing of the warehouse on a day-to-day work plan. Adjusts schedules as necessary in both shipping and receiving areas, responsible for warehouse scratch rates, order accuracy, productivity levels, and facility maintenance. Coordinates warehouse activities under the direction of the Plant Manager, and trains warehouse personnel both exempt and nonexempt, to ensure a well-coordinated shipping and receiving plan.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for inventory maintenance and WMS configuration, training and updates.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, sanitation, maintenance, inventory control, etc.
- Responsible for warehouse scratch rates, directing the inventory control supervisor as to out-of-stocks, receiving errors, selection errors, and warehouse slotting of products.
- Generates warehouse productivity reports, in regard to selection rates, receiving rates, and accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect. Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to the Plant Manager in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the warehouse operation.
May perform other assignments from time to time as directed by management.
- Must have good supervisory and communication skills.
- WMS implementation and maintenance