Our clients’ Vice President, Marketing & Business Development is responsible for providing senior-level, strategic leadership and direction over the sales and marketing functions. The Vice President, Marketing & Business Development will serve as a member of the leadership team and must uphold our values at all times. The position will supervise sales and marketing personnel across multiple locations. Specifically, the Vice President, Marketing & Business Development responsibilities include:
- Develop and foster a deep understanding of our target markets and clients, both similarities and differences, and ensure that the organization’s solutions and approaches address the shifting needs and align effectively.
- Adapt practices to market trends and industry competition to ensure achievement of financial objectives, drive decision-making, and create sustained revenue growth and brand strength.
- Identify new target markets and opportunities and develop results-focused plans to aggressively pursue these new opportunities.
- Strengthen relationships with clients and find ways to increase incremental revenue within existing accounts and grow new accounts by developing and implementing sales promotions.
- Act as the primary representative for the company’s largest and most critical clients.
- Track and report sales pipeline, activities and sales results. Utilize sales trends for analysis, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Build partnerships with associations, distributors, and other companies that will extend our capability and reach.
MARKETING AND LEAD GENERATION
- Continuously build and promote the organization’s brand in order to enhance our image and presence in key markets.
- Manage the development and production of a wide-variety of marketing and sales communication materials and tools.
- Effectively apply proven direct marketing methods, both digital and traditional, in order to accelerate growth and learning about our clients and prospects.
- Manage all social media platforms to ensure content drives engagement, a positive experience, and encourages the organization’s community to participate and share.
- Establish and maintain an effective, consistent system for generating and identifying leads and communicating opportunity profiles to the appropriate team members.
- Ensure brand consistency, including design and voice, internally and externally.
- Establish and manage targets and goals for the sales and marketing teams; outline objectives and strategies to achieve goals to drive revenue retention and growth.
- Recruit and develop top performing Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Develop compensation incentives and packages that create drive and motivation and supports targets.
- Create development and growth opportunities for the teams; acquire the necessary talent for expansion and bench strength.
- Foster a culture that is achievement-oriented, reflects the Company's values and supports the development of a high-performance culture
- Manage budgets, schedules and priorities in support of initiatives, taking into account the appropriate level of resources, target audience, type of media and materials.
- Coordinate with other members of the Leadership Team as appropriate to ensure smooth operation between functions and to recommend improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A well-rounded professional career progression which must include both Marketing and Business Development exposure; a mixture of small/large -sized company
- Proven personal leadership, people management and change management experience skills
- Ability to effectively manage personnel in multiple locations
- Ability to effectively support and influence senior management across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker able to help plan business growth and development.
- Communication skills are as important as analytical skills
- Practical approach to management with the ability to interact with, obtaining information from, and make presentations to various levels of internal and external customers
A significant amount of travel is necessary, including international.