The Accounting Manager must have experience in operational accounting, SOX compliance, and possess strong analytical skills. The position must control all aspects of accounting and control compliance for the US operations and promptly identify issues in these areas. The individual must be adept at performing variance analysis at the on the P&L and balance sheets, as well as around product margins for multiple customer programs encompassing many product lines. This position requires an individual that works well independently and must also liaise with the leadership team of the business and be able to clearly articulate and explain the gaps in business performance on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Full responsibility for month-end close
- Oversight of the US accounting function, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and all general accounting.
- Analysis of excess and obsolete inventories including performance of quarterly E&O calculations
- Analysis of lower of cost or market
- Maintenance of US SOX controls for the US unit
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to operational management for variance analysis, including:
- Monthly scorecard/report (distributed to division and corporate senior management)
- Monthly flash to actual analysis
- Preparation of quarterly presentations for operations reviews
- Preparation of materials for quarterly balance sheet reviews and gap analysis
- Support as needed for product line reviews
- Ad hoc analysis at the request of operations management
- Liaison with legal team and product management team to track, monitor and report product liability claim costs.
- Operational accounting experience an absolute requirement
- Prior experience with public accounting strongly preferred
- 8 years total experience minimum preferred
- Prior experience with distribution companies a plus
- Prior experience liaising with all aspects of operations a plus, from supply chain to general managers to warehouse personnel
- CPA not required but a strong plus