Our client is currently seeking an experienced Formulation Chemist to develop new and innovative Hair Care and Skin Care products in a fast paced environment. The position is located in Stone Mountain, Georgia and reports to the R&D Director.
The position requires someone with a very strong work ethic, willingness to establish excellent working relationships and effective project management skills.
THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST WILL:
- Plan and carry out project responsibilities with limited assistance and direction.
- Communicate and document project plans and results to key stakeholders.
- Perform QA and QC duties and work on nights and weekends when required
- Operate laboratory equipment and train others in their use.
- Supervise all pilot batches, and full production batches when necessary.
- Develop new, and improve existing hair and skin care products in a fast pace environment.
- Maintain laboratory area and reinforce the need for maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
- Conduct formulation stability and packaging compatibility and write technical reports.
- Foster excellent relationships vendors, EU responsible person and contract manufactures.
- Establish all QC specifications for new products to evaluate chemical or physical properties.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Science with at least 5 years experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate ability to keep abreast with developments in the personal care industry and have them implemented.
- Ability to resolve complex raw material, finished product and process challenges.
- Ability to manage time effectively and keep accurate records.