As an Experience Designer, you will contribute to user-centered design processes to guide the usability, usefulness, and desirability of the digital experiences. As a seasoned practitioner, you are happy juggling multiple projects and approaches to gracefully balance user requirements, technology options, and business strategy. Agility is your middle name. You always keep the big-picture in mind while working through complex details. You enjoy working independently, taking initiative, and innovating. But you also thrive on collaboration. You have an amazing capability to devise creative solutions to get things done when roadblocks occur.
- Manage, facilitate, analyze, and otherwise contribute to audience research through log analysis, surveys, interviews, field research, personas, journey mapping, storytelling, and usability testing.
- Model information architecture and user interface for web sites, applications and other digital interactions through user stories, requirements, site maps, process flow diagrams, wireframes, or whatever it takes to get the point across.
- Participate in, maybe even lead, ideation workshops, design sessions, demos and presentations.
- Minimum 3 years dedicated experience in digital user experience, information architecture, and/or interaction design preferably within Agile teams and/or a technology agency.
- Experience conducting audience and usability research including benchmarking, heuristic reviews, surveys, log analysis, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiry, and/or usability testing.
- Superb writing and presentation skills.
- An outstanding portfolio of detailed diagrams, schematics, specifications, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, wireframes, analysis, etc. Experience with Axure, iRise, UX Pin or other interactive prototyping tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, prioritize, and resolve conflicts.
- Creativity and attention to detail.