Our client, an Agency based in Tupelo, MS, is looking for a Marketing Manager. The Agency is growing in both size and product offerings, which creates the need for this critical role. You will lead the interaction between the Agency and clients, and will regularly engage with our CEO and client leadership. In this fast-paced environment, you will lead the charge managing relationships, implementing marketing initiatives, tracking results, making recommendations, and helping our clients develop and execute their marketing plans and strategies. You will be part of a high energy, vibrant team that is committed to flawless execution and is focused on exceeding goals every day. This unique role provides you an opportunity to learn the business quickly, and make a real difference.
You will be responsible for all Agency-related marketing and advertising activities that support client marketing, as well as working with the CMO or Directors of Marketing for multiple clients. This includes developing various marketing concepts, objectives, materials, advertisements, programs, and other special events as required or requested by the client. This includes development and direction of promotions as well as developing interactive and social media marketing programs. You are the primary relationship manager for several clients, serving as their main point of contact with the Agency.
Here’s what you will do on a day-to-day basis:
- Manage client communications and interactions (phone, email, onsite visits as required)
- Interact with Project Management Team and internal groups (creative, media, web, video, etc.)
- Manage client relationship tightly — tasking detailed notes from client meetings, verify tasks and assignments with client and other groups within the Agency, and effectively communicate these with Project Manager
- Establish and maintain a reliable communication schedule with your clients
- Manage conversations without losing detail, momentum, and fidelity
- Manage the stress that comes from a demanding work environment
- Maintain a cool, collected demeanor in almost all circumstances
- Care deeply for clients and understand their tasks are part of their individual livelihood
- Collaborate with the client to implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; collaborating on marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Manage projects from inception to completion, ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are completed
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications
- Assist the marketing team in making changes in the marketing strategies and as per the changing market trends
Desired Skills / Qualifications
Here is what the ideal candidate brings to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a closely-related field of study
- 3+ years solid marketing experience, ideally in a fast paced and changing environment
- 3+ Years Banking / Financial Institution experience — preferably in marketing. You understand bank marketing and operations.
- 1+ years experience working directly with clients and managing the relationships that come with it
- Detail oriented and highly organized, you are adept at tracking communications and keeping all stakeholders on the same page.
- You are an effective time manager — you know how to think on your feet to keep multiple initiatives moving and on track.
- You love the energy that comes with managing multiple projects, personalities, and priorities — it is what drives you and makes you smile.
- Multi-tasking is a snap — you can prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- You like to take the ball and run with it — you enjoy a high degree of autonomy.
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter with a desire to grow and assume greater responsibility.
- Great communication skills, written and oral, are a key to success, and yours are versatile and well developed; you are a caring extrovert and comfortable with it.
- You are confident but eager to learn more to continue to develop your skills.
- Poise, composure, and presence — you know how to handle challenging situations.
- You are equally comfortable writing or presenting a proposal suitable for an audience of Sr. Managers, peers, and direct reports.
- You are adept at working effectively with remote teammates.
- You know how to manage customer relationships and enjoy both the rewards and stress that come with that.
- You can develop and execute a plan, either solo or through collaborating with others.
- You are a rock-solid team player and have the ability to implement creative ideas with good leadership qualities.
- Clairvoyant tendencies are a huge plus, but if you can’t read minds, assessing rapidly-evolving situations and using lateral thinking to solve problems is a big help.
- Solid experience in copywriting, creating slide decks, handling Excel and Word documents and working with Outlook
- Experience with Apple O/S and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using other current tools (Evernote, Slack, etc.)
- This position is based in Tupelo, MS — so if you don’t live close by, relocation financial assistance will be provided
- You will work in an open office environment, but will visit clients as required
- Dress is agency casual, but we dress to fit in with our clients when we are onsite
- You will have the chance to influence your work environment and how things progress within the Agency.
- Our business hours are pretty standard, but you manage your schedule.
- We are all about getting the job done effectively and efficiently — not what time your walk in or out the door.