Partnering with Inventory & planning manager to optimize finished goods; raw material packaging and ingredient inventory levels on a weekly basis; Scheduling and reporting production; Manage all material requirements to meet the master production schedule; Acting as a liaison between; Manufacturing/Operations and Sales and Marketing for all existing and new product lines; Working closely with Sales & Demand Planning to review sales, field marketing and promotional forecasts, by product line, and revise and communicate production plans as needed on a weekly basis; Providing monthly/quarterly raw materials and container forecasts to Sourcing for contracting purposes; Responsible for setup of new product lines and manage all transactions related to Production planning within the current ERP; environment; Assisting with special projects/ad-hoc analysis on an ongoing basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment. Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products: Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- May prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- May prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Experience in Batch Manufacturing preferred
- Root cause and corrective action problem solving skills a must
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication