Our client, a consumer goods manufacturer, is seeking a Team Leader to join their team in Stone Mountain, GA. The Team Leader is responsible for the quality and quantity for finished goods production from the packaging line. Supervise employees assigned to their crew. Coordinate training for crew members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Keep time records and production for the assigned crew or line, complete daily reports.
* Responsible for production quantities and quality of finished goods.
* Perform quality audits during production and continually observe product and materials being used and reject any substandard materials or packages not in conformance with Quality Standards.
* Assist management with daily crew assignments. Evaluate performance of crew members.
* Makes certain that the line is set-up and run in conformance to Quality Standards; including all associated documentation.
* Make sure that the production line is set-up and started promptly at the beginning of each shift, after each break and after changeovers.
* Manage production line downtime to an absolute minimum.
* Ensures that all cartons, bottles, etc. are accounted for and turned in to the packaging supply clerk for credit from the vendor - label control and/or material control. Reconcile material usage at work order completion.
* Assemble Batch Record package & calculate Accountability.
* Have working knowledge and be physically able to perform all functions of packaging line operator; including basic machine operator responsibilities.
* Have general knowledge of equipment and packaging materials used for all products.
* Know and follow product coding and labeling procedures.
* Make suggestions to department supervisor in respect to productivity and method improvements.
* Maintains a safe work area and follows all company safety and environmental regulations.
* Must maintain good housekeeping procedures as prescribed by Quality Standards and internal housekeeping standards.
* Advise line attendant of any impending supply shortages on the production line and coordinate schedule changes.
* Promotes good will and cooperation among team members.
* Maintains sanitary conditions in immediate work areas at all times, assists and supervises team in end-of-job/end-of-day clean ups. Perform routine basic safety audits of assigned area.
* Maintains cleaning logs that are cGMP compliant.
* This job description is intended as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. Other duties will be assigned as required.
1. Ability to get along with and direct others, good personality, refrains from gossip; work in pleasant and cooperative manner.
2. Basic mechanical aptitude.
3. Must perform without close supervision.
4. Maintain satisfactory attendance record.
5. Basic supervisory skills.
6. Problem solving skills
7. Must be able to run and/or be trained on additional lines within a reasonable timeframe.
8. Must be able to run the assigned production line proficiently