Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable clerk to join their team. The A/P Clerk will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Schedule and oversee all check, ACH and credit card payments by monitoring discount and due dates.
- Complete credit applications and maintain vendor database.
- Manage the temporary labor certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for processing expense and petty cash reimbursement requests from employees.
- Process purchase order invoices by reconciling to purchase order receipts, resolving discrepancies, reviewing coding and accurately entering into AP system.
- Process vendor expense invoices by obtaining approval, assigning proper GL code and branch allocation and accurately entering into AP system.
- Ensure vendor credits are received in a timely manner and accurately entered into AP system.
- Audit freight invoices against corresponding transfer or sales orders.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure timely processing and payment.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Manage the inventory clearing account and aged payables to identify and resolve outstanding PO receipts and payables.
- Assist in the calculation of manual cost tier adjustments to ensure correct inventory valuation.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and A/P principles
- Data Entry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with ERP systems