Our client is seeking a Payroll/HR Administrator to join their team. Performs all activities necessary to process hourly and salary payroll for 150+ employees in multiple states, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management. The Administrator is solely responsible for all payroll and HR related activities.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, valid programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Ensure all benefits and insurance premiums are deducted from paychecks.
- Participate in Payroll projects and programs, whether new or modified
- Perform analytical work/research around issues/changes/upgrades
- Provide guidance as needed in development or to resolve unanticipated problems
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other responsibilities as directed
- 3 to 5 years of payroll experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated third party payroll/HRIS
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality