Our client is seeking a Controller to join their team. The controller will be responsible for directing the organization's accounting functions and will report to the CFO. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Schedules and monitors work assignments and progress of assigned staff.
- Will reconcile bank statements, record monthly journal entries and process transactions as necessary
- Provides information and responds to questions related to accounting functions.
- Monitors daily operations by tracking and ensuring accuracy of expenditures, receivables, cash balances and monetary deposits.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Coordinates records and other necessary information for external auditor(s), as necessary.
- Administers the accounting functions to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job Specifications:
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required; Certified Public Accountant a plus
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a courteous, effective manner
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with ERP systems