To manufacture the company line of products following adopted procedures and formulas, thus ensuring quality and uniformity in the production and packaging of all products.
- Responsible for the day-to-day compounding of all the company's products.
- Accurately complete all forms used in the batch room. Follow batch cards from the Lab in relation to gallon, pounds, blending time and temperature.
- To assist in various quality control checks to ensure a quality product.
- Collect and appropriately identify all samples taken to the Laboratory for testing. If any product appears unusual or different from what you are accustomed, notify your immediate supervisor.
- As top priority, clean up all spills immediately and replace all raw materials to their proper place after use.
- Arrange the storage of raw materials neatly and systematically that will provide usage on a rotational system of oldest materials used first.
- Monitor all raw materials and any manufacturing items such as: paint, filters, gaskets and oil absorb. Notify lead line operator of any died.
- Assist with operation or repair of aerosol line if needed.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance on all packaging equipment and blending machinery.
- Assist with the loading or unloading of trucks if instructed, including all warehousing functions
- Observe closely all raw materials in use. Any suspected defective materials should be reported immediately to the Q.C. manager
- Assist in the counting of all raw materials for physical inventories
- Dependent upon schedule, make sure products are ready for next day’s use
- Maintain a safe, clean work area by following proper housekeeping procedures. Ensure daily that all assigned areas are cleaned of all chemicals and all raw materials are stored in proper place
- Know and be familiar with procedures furnished pertaining to the handling of hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
- As directed, utilize all safety equipment furnished by the company
- As directed by Technical Service, handle and store all hazardous waste per written procedures
- Lift and move bags, pails, drums, etc. of chemicals as needed to manufacture company’s products
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- 2-5 years experience in chemical compounding