To drive technology innovation, strategy and business development for new software division of established company. Focused on SaaS, the SVP will lead the software division of the company as an entrepreneurial leader and strategic innovator. The SVP must have experience bringing a new software solution to profitability through technical innovation and business development. The SVP will be responsible for sales, marketing, and development of software.
The SVP will:
- Provide the technical expertise and leadership to ensure success of software.
- Be the expert and adviser on all software matters, for prospects and clients.
- Ensure strategic alignment between the software division strategy and business needs.
- Develop the strategy for the software division, through working collaboratively with the division, outsourced providers and business colleagues.
- Develop and manage relevant relationships within the Company, across external partners/suppliers to best support the business and to represent the Company’s interests.
- Have or build a network of technical subject matter experts in support of software division’s goals.
- Share with the executive team the roadmaps for the software division, to allow identification of gaps and overlaps and development of a product strategy.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have an excellent performance record and have demonstrable experience, skills and abilities in the following areas:
>Excellent communication skills
>Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
>Strong leadership skills
>Ownership of issues to resolution
>Developing positive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external people
>High level change management abilities
>Prioritizing work to meet demands of role
- Extensive experience of setting the strategy for and delivering SaaS; experience in financial services software preferred (banks and credit unions).
- Ability to lead developers, sales and marketing efforts for software; prefer experience in vendor management software.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively within collaborative team structures, as a leader and team player, ideally in a technology based business environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Capability to rapidly understand and accurately assess business needs and prioritize and propose suitable technical solutions.
- Strategic thinking: the ability to evaluate options in the short, medium and long term and balance short terms pressures against longer-term strategic requirements.
- Experience implementing new initiatives or driving through process change and new ways of working.
Bachelors’ Degree from four-year accredited college or university; MBA preferred.