Adams Keegan is a national employer services firm. We provide a comprehensive suite of Human Resources services including payroll, employee benefits, worker’s compensation, HR management, 401(k), and state licensing. For nearly 30 years, Adams Keegan has grown—and helped our clients grow—by developing superior employer solutions and providing unmatched client service.
This position will be a support role in the Payroll Department, assisting coworkers and external customers regarding payroll procedures. This demanding position requires the ability to provide outstanding customer service while multi-tasking in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Processing clients’ multi-state and multi-frequency payrolls for salaried, commissioned, and hourly employees
- Working knowledge of federal state and local tax regulations in a multi-state environment
- Ensure all benefits and insurance premiums are deducted from paychecks.
- Enter employee maintenance, such as federal and state withholding certificates and direct deposit enrollments
- Sort and maintain employee maintenance for filing.
- Perform all functions necessary to process Payroll
- Participate in Payroll projects and programs, whether new or modified
- Perform analytical work/research around issues/changes/upgrades
- Provide guidance as needed in development or to resolve unanticipated problems
- Ensure compliance with governmental agencies employment laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2-4 years of payroll administration experience
- FPC Preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
- Ability and willingness to adapt quickly to change
- Must be organized, self-driven and detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures and principles preferred